Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Linocut progress

Been working on this all week. Monday I was working on the digital image in Illustrator. Tuesday I transferred the image to the linoleum via carbon paper (yes, that was ridiculously time-consuming). Started cutting the plate last night. Spent the day chip-chip-chipping away. Still much to cut but I think another full day will get me there. The really tricky bits are the letters which are all done now.

I’m not going to say what it is but you might be able to figure it out.

Yes, there’s a puffin involved.

If the stars align in the coming days, I should have a print to post by Friday. Will have to use water-based inks for this so that I can have dry prints for Saturday’s market.

Now I’m having a beer. I hear it’s good for tired eyes. Better have two.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...