Thursday, February 2, 2012

Plaster paintings and studio sounds

Even though I’ve got 4 or 5 oil paintings in progress, I needed to walk away from them for a while.

For a change of pace, I started mucking with plaster and acrylics again. Not sure what I’ll do with them yet... at the moment I’m just enjoying the textures and giving them a few coats of gesso.

My latest studio upgrade includes a “new” stereo, thanks for my buddy Johnny. A few hand-me-down components from him and a few pieces from a “previously loved” shop made up a whole system. Every bit of it is 20+ years old but it sounds great. The record player is covered in punk rock stickers so I thought it would be a good spot for my appalled nun painting. (Don’t worry sister, I only own Beatles records.)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...