Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Vase still life

I didn't feel feel like fussing much over the photo of this one so it's a shoddy photo of a shoddy painting. Making it was great, though. I went to my friend Nick's studio last week. He set up this still life and we had a crack at capturing it. In the early stages I got hung up on the vase detail and was discouraged when it didn't turn out as planned. The rest of the painting is made up of impatiently applied blobs... which ended up being slightly more interesting than the vase. The piece needs more work but I'm walking away from it. I can't be arsed.

Nick is an accomplished painter and a patient teacher. You should go buy something from his shop. At least give it a good browsing.

I don't think I mentioned it yet but I've set goal for myself to do 50 paintings by the end of the year.  I think this one makes 14. So far, I'm on track.

Yes, the crap paintings count.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...