Sunday, March 6, 2011

Softball reflection

A small still life of the last softball from what used to be a vast collection. My childhood friend and I grew up near a softball pitch... anything that went over the fence we considered ours.

I'm adding this one to Illustration Friday's "Toy" theme. Sports fans may find that a stretch (or insulting) but, to me, it is intermingled with fond childhood memories of banana seat bikes, Rubik's cubes, skateboards and action figures.

Softball reflection
8" x 8"
Oil on MDF

Sold

8 comments:

Laurie said...

John!
I love it..great work.

Linda Hensley said...

Nice job!

Mindful Drawing said...

Not a stretch nor insult at all: but a very nice painting and recognisable story. We have all been on both sides: loosing and gaining (tennis or foot) balls.
Paula

Katarzyna Zalewska said...

Beautiful miniature :)

heidi aldin monteleone said...

Tomorrow is baseball season's opening day in my neck of the woods.
Beautiful painting!

Sarah Melling said...

Beautiful! It's the kind of "quiet" still life that I enjoy doing as well. Nice job!

John Andrews said...

Thanks everyone!

Unknown said...

My softball now. Thanks John!
All the best,
Mark Wood

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...