Saturday, January 10, 2009

Different Strokes...


I mentioned a while back that I'd be taking part in a biweekly painting competition (not a competition though -- we're all winners) and here's the entry: The Jefferson Memorial. I had fun with the washes and watercolours in this. And I went a bit mad with the addition of India Ink. But I think it turned out okay... there are things I like about it.... some things I don't. Anyway, check out the other entries. It's fascinating to see the different approaches to the same subject matter. I can't wait for the next one now... I might need to find some other ones.

Jefferson Memorial
watercolor and india ink
8.5" x 4.25"

4 comments:

Jenne said...

Ok I'm excited by these paintings - how totally fascinating to see all the different ideas. Yours was so liquid (kind of teary) with such surprising colours. I can't wait to see the next group!!!

AND that whole thing on the site about having enough space to set stuff up and not have to put it away is something I was literally grumbling about yesterday. I think we need an old barn or something/space out in the woods with lots of natural light - large enough for music equipment (piano, electric guitar with an old microphone, trumpet stand), a loom, a sewing machine station, a bunch of large sinks for making dies and bunch of easels. Here's to dreaming about it anyway!

Unknown said...

India Ink! Thank you for sharing your secret for those wonderful deep darks. One day hopefully I'll be able to render magnificent watercolor like you!

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Fabulous Color!!!!

dominique eichi said...

Very nice colors on your piece.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...