Sunday, January 18, 2009

Best Intentions

A bit like Cupid, I have the best intentions when I make these cartoons. From conception I think it's nothing but hilarious. But by the time I get to the end of the process hours later, I look at it and wonder "Is it funny or is it just weird?" The whole point of these are to get people to have a laugh with me so I hope that's the end result. If so, cards are available.

***
Everytime I post, I get a little more annoyed at this Blogger interface. Why do I have so much trouble uploading pix? Why is formatting text so troublesome? Why is it that Blogger's post window is the only place of my working world that I can't use copy and paste key commands? Is it just me? Am I a blogger nincompoop? (Don't answer that last one.)

I was told that once I dip my toe in the blog pool, I'm probably going to want to switch to Wordpress. From what I understand, Wordpress will allow me to incorporate the blog into my own site and give me more control. I'm all about that. I might check into that this week. Of course, I'll have to develop my own site first. 

Drats. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(@_@)/

Jenne said...

is it wrong that i think this would make a great valentine's day card? he he i think it's great. made me think immediately of this horrible blind date i went on with two guys at once. needless to say i didn't know it would pan out that way. one of the weirdest nights of my life. getting fixed up with people is WEIRD. no way around it. :) great cartoon!

Anonymous said...

Blogger is crap for anyone with a shread of design desire. A "blog" software is very restrictive. It has to do with the " content management" priority.
Wordpress is much better.

I use a commercial server side software for the blog part of my site called Blogware.

http://blog.greglocke.com

You'll want something where you can make galleries of your work and maybe an ecomm module.

...lots of ways to do this.
This past year I think I've evaluted every blog, CMS and Dreamweaver template or software on the market.

Remind me next week and I'll get you a few resources.

Greg

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...